It’s Mother’s Day, or your mom’s birthday, or you did something and need to make up for it. You need a last minute gift for mom, but you want to be green. Maybe mom doesn’t want or need any more stuff, or you don’t believe in buying things she doesn’t need. Keep in mind that buying her something she would have bought anyhow isn’t much of a gift. Perhaps you’re short on cash. Here is a list of gifts any eco-conscious mom will love:
- Turn off her alarm and let her sleep-in.
- Take care of the baby, toddler or preschooler(s) so she doesn’t wake up to a crying child (don’t forget to change his or her diaper)!
- Make her breakfast – and clean up!
- Fold the laundry – all of it – and put it away!
- Host an all family house cleaning party.
- Organize the kids’ toys.
- Weed her garden.
- Take the children out – for several hours.
- Cook enough food to freeze a few meals worth and clean up when you’re done.
- Arrange for her friend(s) to come “kidnap” her for a girls afternoon out – even if it is just a walk in the woods.
Just because it’s last minute, or doesn’t cost anything, or is easy to do, doesn’t mean mom won’t love it. Moms love it when you show that you love them and respect their values through your actions.
‘Tis a gift to be simple, ’tis a gift to be free, ’tis a gift to come down where we want to be…
Happy Green Every Day!
What’s the last thing you did for your favorite mom?